Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Speaking of Christianity

There is a woman I see periodically around town. She and her daughter make baked goods and dolls and such and she stands outside the post office or the grocery store or the bank...

Which is where I ran into her again today. This time I was flush with $$$ and decided to buy a poppy lemon cake from her. I have no intention of eating it but I'm sure I'll find someone who will. I just wanted to help her out a little.

At the same time, she asked if she could give me some literature. I said, OK, even though I was certain said literature would not interest me (I could see it coming a mile away).

Was I wrong. If you're an agnostic like me, you'd be highly entertained by the mini-mag I was offered.

Their web address is www.aggressivechristianity.net. Here is a sampling (and I'll try to stay true to their format):

"Are you tired of a dead church existence? Are you sick of the once a week, song and dance routine? Are you being told the TRUTH by those who call themselves "Men of God"? Why not get bold, why not get radical, why not go ALL THE WAY FOR JESUS!! What are you waiting for, the "rapture"? Souls are slipping Christless into Hell all around you, what are you doing about it?"...

Beneath this screed is a seal with Bleeding Jesus and his crown of thorns, surrounded by the words "OPERATION RESCUE THE PERISHING".

Hahaha, you can't make this shit up. Except, they did.

No comments:

Post a Comment